In 1942, twenty Veterinary Medicine graduates established Veterinarian Syndicate aiming to introduce veterinary medicine and the role of the profession in public health and national economy to the public. Dr. Mohammad Kazemi was the secretary of this syndicate.
Following this success, in 1946, due to the unfair attitudes, vocational discriminations towards veterinarians that leaded to neglect the Veterinary Syndicate, a number of veterinarians gathered around to work on establishment of an active professional association. Legal establishment of this professional association required having constitution and policy of the association approved by the civil police, and then the establishment permit could be issued.
The colleagues held weekly meetings for a couple of months to prepare the constitution. After preparing the constitution and submitting it to the civil police for official reviews, the constitution was finally approved by the civil police in 1950. Right after that Iranian Veterinary Association established unofficially. Since, the regulations required the association to introduce a director, Dr. Mohammad Tabesh was elected as the director of the Iranian Veterinary Association. He was introduced to the civil police to follow the official regulations.
Finally in early 1952 the civil police allowed official establishment of the Iranian Veterinary Association, after passing through formalities and continuous follow ups,.
An important objective of the constitution was protecting occupational rights of the veterinarians and enhancing the scientific and technical level of the colleagues. The very small delegates of the Iranian Veterinary Association increased remarkably after a year, so that majority of the veterinarians became members of the association at that time. The main issue that the Iranian Veterinary Association was encountered at that time was not having an official location to manage the meetings and speeches. Because of the small number of members and inadequacy of the membership fee it was not possible for the association to rent a place during the first year of its establishment. Therefore, with the permission of officials of the Ministry of Agriculture the speeches and general assembly meetings of the association were held in amphitheater of the Minsitry of Agriculture.
In 1959, Dr. Malekzadeh dedicated the basement of his property for a very low renting price to Iranian Veterinary Association. After a while Dr. Esmail Ardalan was elected as director of Iranian Veterinary Association. Meanwhile he was the director of Tehran Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, therefore, he allowed the association meetings to be held in the conference hall of the Faculty, and this situation continued for a couple of years.